February 7, 2013
Ainsley Krug Leads the Way at COOL and Ad Astra Has Several “First” Moments
Over 600 athletes participated in the COOL Rock the Blocks Meet. We had 28 athletes compete for Ad Astra. The weekend was filled with “Firsts”
Ainsley Krug led the way for Ad Astra taking home the High Point Award for Girls 11-12 Age group. Ainsley finished 1st in 5 out of 6 races. She also swam very close to her best times, or swam a best time in each race.
Some other highlighting “first” moments at the meet included:
- David Chrisitie Jr achieved Short Course Sectional cuts in the 200 IM, 400 IM and 100 breaststroke.
- Justin Lee achieved his first Division 2 time ever (50 breaststroke).
- Evan Dusselier achieved his first ever Division 1 time (50 fly).
- Andrew Brierly and Iris Sherron swam the longest distance offered in their age group for the first time (200 Free).
- J.T. Amrein achieved his first ever AAA Time Standard (100 Free).
Those that finished first in an Individual Event:
David Christie Jr.